Tuesday, April 5, 2011

cadence's second birthday featuring " yo gabba gabba"

My daughter loves the tv show Yo Gabba Gabba. Being that we are on a budget this was not an easy theme to accomplish and be super cool. With some creativity and some craft staples I was able to create some cool things to impress the children and adults alike.
I made DJ Lance's stereo out of an old diaper box and tin foil. I made a 3 foot tall Plex from 2 boxes, some paint and dryer duct. My husband hand painted an eyeless Muno on some poster board and cut out 10 eyes for each kid to pin it on at game time. I also made all 5 characters for my daughters present. I made them with no sewing for under 10 dollars with felt and hot glue and my daughter LOVES them.  To buy all of them would cost over 100 dollars. I made Foofa flowers out of old gift boxes and colored paper and drew funny faces on them
I did buy some official gabba products on line. I mixed the official plates and napkins with some colorful plain ones. I bought the centerpieces too but could have done without. I made a Toody cake from a box but decorated myself.




I went on the http://www.nickjr.com/ website under games and activiteis and printed out the safety coloring book( five pages) and stapled together 10 of them as one of the party favors. I bought 2 big boxes of crayons and split them into 10 bags so the kids could color at the party (good for shy or artistic). I gave plain white bags kids could decorate and the bubbles were a hit too. I found some stuffed guitars and microphones in the dollar bin at target and they went great with the rockin gabba theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
For 20 years I have been teaching and coaching people of all ages in the sports and recreation industry. I have done everything from choreographing dance assemblies to personal training college athletes. I have worked at schools, country clubs and in the home settings. I have also worked in the food and beverage industry bartending and serving. I have decorated and catered for high end clientele. I am a married mother of one and I love to throw budget friendly parties for kids and adults alike.