Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lemongrass Chicken with Chinese slaw

Lemongrass marinade
1 stalk lemon grass chopped
2 clove garlic chopped
2 T minced ginger
2 T rice wine vinegar
3 T canola oil
3 T ponzu sauce
1/2 lime

Marinate thin chicken breasts 3 hours- overnight. Remove from marinade and grill for 5 minutes each side.

Chinese slaw with Sesame Citrus Dressing
Dressing
1/2 lime juiced
1/2 lemon juiced
1/2 blood orange juiced
2T sesame oil
2 T honey
1 T rice wine vinegar
1 tsp grated ginger
3T canola oil
Whisk ingredients.
Slaw
1/2 head napa cabbage sliced
1/4 purple cabbage sliced
1 red bell pepper sliced
20 snap peas sliced
6 radishes sliced
1/2 bunch chopped mint
3 scallions sliced for garnish
sesame seeds for garnish
Dress salad and marinate overnight.serve with scallions mint and sesame seeds.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
For 20 years I have been teaching and coaching people of all ages in the sports and recreation industry. I have done everything from choreographing dance assemblies to personal training college athletes. I have worked at schools, country clubs and in the home settings. I have also worked in the food and beverage industry bartending and serving. I have decorated and catered for high end clientele. I am a married mother of one and I love to throw budget friendly parties for kids and adults alike.