Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Crazy Pita Pizza Night

Pita Pizzas
To veer from the traditional I made and used some interesting toppings for this pizza bar. I used leftover items in the fridge that may be wasted and vegetables left from my organic produce box. I prepared and put out all the toppings and pitas so the family could make their own crazy pizzas.
We had a lot of fun!!!
Here are some topping ideas that I prepared ahead or had left over:

  • Sauteed garlic and kale
  • Carmelized red onions
  • Thinly sliced zucchini
  • Roasted grapes
  • Roasted garlic
  • Chicken bits
  • Home made marinara sauce
  • Roasted and peeled chiles and peppers
 

Some other toppings I put out that required little preparation:
  • kalamata olives
  • sliced tomatoes
  • barbeque sauce
  • apricot, peach jam 
  • grated mozzarella cheese
  • grated cheddar
  • feta
  • chopped cilantro 
  • chopped basil
  • chopped ham
Now time to build pizzas


Here are some of the fun pizzas we all came up with, sweet and savory:


  • Mediterranean- marinara sauce, kalamatas, red onion, sliced tomatoes, feta and mozzarella
  • Southwest- bbq sauce, caramelized onions, chicken, roasted chiles, cheddar cheese, mozzarella
  • Super veggie- roasted garlic spread, kale, olives, zucchini, chiles, mozzarella and feta
  • Kidza- marinara sauce, zucchini, chicken, ham, cheddar and mozarella
  • Sweetie- apricot jam, carmelized onions, roasted grapes, feta and mozzarella


     
Bake pizzas at 375 for 10 -12 minutes or cheese is lightly browned. This was a messy but fun dinner with plenty of leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
For 20 years I have been teaching and coaching people of all ages in the sports and recreation industry. I have done everything from choreographing dance assemblies to personal training college athletes. I have worked at schools, country clubs and in the home settings. I have also worked in the food and beverage industry bartending and serving. I have decorated and catered for high end clientele. I am a married mother of one and I love to throw budget friendly parties for kids and adults alike.