Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Curryous Butternut Soup

Curryous Pumpkin Soup

1 whole butternut squash or sugar pumpkin
1-2 c chicken broth
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 onion chopped
2 T fresh ginger
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp fresh chopped sage
Salt and pepper
plain greek yogurt
roasted pumpkin seeds













  • Slice each end of squash with large knife. Peel squash down to the bright orange color.
  • Set up squash vertically on fattest side and slice in half. Spoon out seeds and inner flesh of each side
  • Rub with olive oil , salt and pepper.
  • Roast squash on cookie sheet at 400 for 45 min or until tender
  • Saute onions until opaque
  • puree all ingredients except garnish

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
For 20 years I have been teaching and coaching people of all ages in the sports and recreation industry. I have done everything from choreographing dance assemblies to personal training college athletes. I have worked at schools, country clubs and in the home settings. I have also worked in the food and beverage industry bartending and serving. I have decorated and catered for high end clientele. I am a married mother of one and I love to throw budget friendly parties for kids and adults alike.